Cannot get flashplugin to work

Michael Gass mgass at csbsju.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:40:18 UTC 2012

Running 9.0 STABLE

Cannot get the linux flashplugin to work on either firefox or chrome.

Followed the handbook exactly. Using ports I installed the following.
* installed nspluginwrapper which also installed linux_base_f10
* installed linux-f10-flashplugin11
* linked libflashplayer.so into /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/
(checked that the link is in the directory)
* ran nspluginwrapper -v -a -i
(this ran fine)
mount shows that linprocfs is on /compat/linux/proc
about:plugins shows that flashplayer is enabled in both firefox and chrome.

The plugins do not work anywhere I try.  I get messages like plugins-missing.
Tried running firefox and chrome from the command line to check error messages.
This is what shows up:

*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_New() wait for reply: Connection closed
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/work/a/ports/www/nspluginwrapper/work/nspluginwrapper-1.4.4/src/npw-wrapper.c:2150):invoke_NPP_Destroy: assertion failed: (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

I have updated my ports collection and tried  deinstalling and reinstalling
and have the same problem.

Any ideas?