ggate problem

David ROFFIAEN dr at roffiaen.com
Sat Jun 16 21:14:58 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I encoutered a panic with ggatec :
I misconfigured gg.exports on the server with bad IP address for allowed
client. Resulting a panic when creating ggatec on the client.
Investigating the panic a I discovered at line 362 in g_gatec.c, the
ggio->gctl_sectorsize variable is not checked to be > 0 resulting a
"Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode", thus because
there is no ggated allowed for my client IP (in my misconfigured
gg.exports) in my case.

It would be better to check before the 'if' at line 362, that the
partition we are trying to import with ggatec is available and otherwise
give an explicit warning instead of letting the kernel panicing.

Sorry for my bad english and the poor description of the problem

David