devd problem with 9-stable

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:42:00 UTC 2012

Since updating my systems to 9-Stable, I am not getting my smartcard
reader attached when hot-plugged.

>From devd.conf
attach 50 {
        device-name "ugen[0-9]+";
        match "vendor" "0x0529";
        match "product" "0x0600";
        action "/usr/local/sbin/openct-control attach usb:529/600 usb /dev/$dev$
};
detach 50 {
        device-name "ugen[0-9]+";
        match "vendor" "0x0529";
        match "product" "0x0600";
        action "/usr/bin/pkill -fx '/usr/local/sbin/ifdhandler -H -p [a-z0-9]+ $
};

If I manually enter the "action" command, it works fine, but it fails
when I insert the device. It worked fine under version 8. I have
confirmed devd is seeing the device inserted just fine. the action
just does not seem to be carried out.

Any idea where I should look? I saw a couple of threads on current
from others seeing something similar, but could find no resolution.
I have seen a
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com