lost ZFS pool

Nenhum_de_Nos matheus at eternamente.info
Tue Jun 12 18:17:25 UTC 2012

hail,

I write just to make sure its dead. I've lost the first disk on a ZFS pool (jbod). Now I can't
mount it with only the second disk. The first disk clicks to death :(

[root at optimus ~]# zpool status
  pool: pool
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
        replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        pool          UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
          label/zfs1  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
          label/zfs2  ONLINE       0     0

I have a spare disk (blank), but even though I can't make it online again ...

is there any hope I can read the files in that disk ?

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you Cygnus,