9-stabe: cd device gone, ATA_CAM panics

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Sat Jun 9 15:22:17 UTC 2012

Oliver Fromme <olli at secnetix.de> wrote:
 > [...]
 > I need a working DVD drive, so I'm now considering to
 > downgrade to 8-stable.  But then again, TMPFS didn't work
 > a well for me as it does in 9-stable (which was the main
 > reason for me to upgrade), so I'm kind of stuck in a
 > difficult situation.

Fortunately, 9-stable works with "device atapicam", as I
just found out.  I thought I had already tried that and
got errors during linking, but that was probably with
the ATA_CAM option enabled at the same time which causes
conflicts, obviously.

So, everything's back to normal with "device atapicam"
for now, and without ATA_CAM.

Best regards
   Oliver

"In My Egoistical Opinion, most people's C programs should be indented
six feet downward and covered with dirt."
        -- Blair P. Houghton