Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 7 17:45:06 UTC 2012

Phil Regnauld wrote:
> David Magda (dmagda) writes:
> > On Jun 1, 2012, at 09:12, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> >
> > > * Gluster
> > >
> > > 	For very large FSes, nothing beats it, especially now that 3.3
> > > 	has been
> > > 	released.
> >
> > Isilon built their OneFS on top of FreeBSD, does that count? :)
> >
> > Panasas too IIRC.

In the case of Panasas, I believe that they only provide a "client driver"
for Linux to talk to their object storage appliance.
There is an NFSv4.1 pNFS object layout that they have developed, but it
requires an ODS2 (I think I got that right?) stack and it's unlikely that
the client I am working on will be able to do this any time soon.

rick