Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Sat Jun 2 00:22:15 UTC 2012

Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> writes:
> I guess he made his experiences with that some years ago when support
> for amd64 in the ports was not very mature. But this has changed since
> then, apart from a few ports almost all of them should work on amd64
> without problems.

I can vouch for this. I have several production and two development
amd64 machines. I've yet to have a problem with a port because of the
architecture.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Man does not have a capacity of instant comprehension. So
rare is the knowledge of how to train this, that most people
and institutions have compromised by playing upon man's
proneness to conditioning and indoctrination instead.

The end of *that* road is the ant-heap. Or, at best, the
beehive.