Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD ?

Pierre-Luc Drouin pldrouin at pldrouin.net
Fri Jun 1 15:43:24 UTC 2012

For me it is the lack of support for suspend/resume on laptops. I don't
want to turn off my laptop when I am in the middle of doing something but
need to put the laptop aside. I love using FreeBSD on servers, workstations
and even a computer I have hooked to the TV at home for multimedia purpose,
but not having suspend/resume working on my laptops is a major source of
annoyance for me. So I have been trying various Linux distributions instead
and I am currently using Gentoo, which is not that bad, although I find
that system configuration and maintenance is always more painful with Linux
than FreeBSD no matter the distribution I use...