Regression between 9-RELEASE and 9-STABLE [PCIB ?]

Chris Demers admin at govital.net
Wed Feb 29 09:12:07 UTC 2012

Greetings Everyone,

Along this same topic, I have also had a problem with 9-STABLE being unstable.
 I have been experiencing random kernel core dumps on a machine.  I know the
machine is fine, if i switch back to a set of disks running my previous
8-stable everything is fine.  But with a current 9-STABLE as of last night
even I get kernel panics.  Can provide more details tomorrow, machine is
currently panicked in the data center and need to go there in the morning to
reboot.  Hoping it gets fixed soon, want to start bringing the machine into
production slowly, don't want to have to roll back to 9-release would rather
see this fixed.  But i believe it is a variation of the exact same problem
that has been brought up here.  Last panic it created a core file, hopefully
it did again so i can debug it.

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:10:51 +0000, Harry Newton wrote

--
Chris Demers
admin at govital.net
www.govital.net