kerberized NFS

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sat Feb 18 03:13:50 UTC 2012

Giulio Ferro wrote:
> Thanks everybody again for your help with setting up a working
> kerberized nfsv4 system.
>
> I was able to user-mount a nfsv4 share with krb5 security, and I was
> trying to do the same as root.
>
> Unfortunately the patch I found here:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/rpcsec_gss.patch
>
> fails to apply cleanly on a 9 stable system.

There is now a patch called:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/rpcsec_gss-9.patch
that should apply to a FreeBSD9 or later kernel.

For the kernel to build after applying the patch, you will
need a kernel config with
options KGSSAPI
in it, since the patch adds a function that can't be called
via one of the XXX_call() functions using the function pointers.

Also, review the section of the wiki where it discusses setting
  vfs.rpcsec.keytab_enctype
because the host based initiator keytab entry won't work unless
it is set correctly.

Good luck with it, rick