New BSD Installer

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Fri Feb 10 19:47:14 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 06:56 PM, Joe Holden wrote:
> Guys,
>
> This should really be reverted to sysinstall until the new installer
> is at least in a state where it consistently works... the most
> important part of a new users experience is the installer and the few
> new installs I have done lately I've just installed 8.2 and upgraded
> from there as the new installer is terribly buggy.

Hi,

I am highly against reverting. Old installer is not GPT aware and in
fact is unmaintained for a very long time.

About ftp - its probably needs to be handled better, but most of the
user i think using cd/dvd image, so it is not an issue. And new
installer is written on shell, so i think its better to fix broken parts
then to revert it to outdated and unmaintained code.

P.S. i personally had no problems with a new installer, used it from DVD.