sentex tinderbox build cluster failures

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Feb 3 14:24:32 UTC 2012

Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> writes:
> For many days now (almost a week?) there have been tinderbox build mails
> coming from the sentex.ca build cluster, specific to powerpc, mips, and
> sparc64 platforms.
>
> The errors in question are strange and may indicate some kind of
> filesystem corruption or equivalent -- I'm really not sure.

You could have taken the time to check the code before jumping to
conclusions about "filesystem corruption or equivalent".  These are
genuine bugs.  The tinderbox didn't warn about them earlier because it
didn't build other kernels than LINT and GENERIC, and these bugs are in
machine-dependent code that isn't included in LINT and GENERIC.  I
enabled additional kernels after the arm / mips people complained that
the arm / mips build was sometimes broken for weeks without anybody
noticing.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no