FreeBSD 9.0 - BCE_JUMBO_HDRSPLIT kernel option for bce device still needed?

Kai Gallasch gallasch at free.de
Thu Apr 19 19:11:08 UTC 2012

Hi.

I found the comment below in an older 8.1 kernel config file.

# BCE_JUMBO_HDRSPLIT
# freebsd-current at freebsd.org/2009-11/msg00065.html
# [The bce driver does not have a memory leak,
# it does however have a bug which causes memory
# fragmentation leading to denied mbuf allocation.]
#=20
# You need to put "options BCE_JUMBO_HDRSPLIT"
# In your kernel to enable the work arround.

Is the kernel option BCE_JUMBO_HDRSPLIT still needed for a FreeBSD 9 kernel if you use the bce device (broadcom) ?
I find it in the 9.0 kernel LINT file but it's not part of the GENERIC kernel.

Kai.