RELENG_8 kernel as of Apr 14 does not boot

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Mon Apr 16 07:04:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 01:37:29PM +0700, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> 16.04.2012 11:26, Alexey Dokuchaev пишет:
> > Just update my 8.x kernel sources last weekend, and newly built kernel did
> > not boot for me:
> >
> > link_elf: symbol mem_range_softc undefined
> > KLD file acpi.ko - could not finalize loading
> > kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
>
> Try to add 'device mem' to your kernel configuration.

:-)

I explicitly have "nodevice mem" and "nodevice io" in my config.  They are
being loaded from /boot/loader.conf.  This worked fine for quite a while.

I will try to have it compiled-in, but would still prefer it fixed, or in
case it cannot be fixed and mem.ko cannot be loaded separately from now on,
appropriate entry in UPDATING.

./danfe