BURN_BRIDGES & /usr/src/sys/netinet6/ip6_output.c:582: undefined reference to `in6_selectroute_fib'

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu Apr 12 18:10:53 UTC 2012

On 12. Apr 2012, at 17:10 , Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> While attempting to burn bridges... yeah yeah I know, may include some
> civil infractions ;)
>
> On stable/8 i386 Last Changed Rev: 234180 fresh build
>
> linking kernel.debug
> ip6_output.o(.text+0x334f): In function `ip6_output':
> /usr/src/sys/netinet6/ip6_output.c:582: undefined reference to
> `in6_selectroute_fib'

It's basically a marker to not use this function anywhere new in the stable/ branches.  It will change in HEAD soon given the code has now been in for almost two months (in HEAD) without further needs to re-adjustment.  I am not sure we ever allowed compiling with BURN_BRIDGES set but I can change the #ifndef to THIS_IS_PART_OF_THE_PUBLIC_STABLE_KPI or something if needed.

See the comment above it:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/sys/netinet6/in6_src.c?annotate=232552#l820

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!