157k interrupts per second causing 60% CPU load on idle system

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:48:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Matt Thyer <matt.thyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems that both the old and new mps driver have a problem with the
> Western Digital WD20EARX SATA 3 drive on a SuperMicro AOC-USAS2-L8i (SAS
> 6G) controller (flashed with -IT firmware).

I wouldn't say the driver has a problem with that specific drive.
More that it might have a problem with a mixed SATA2/SATA3 setup.

I have a 9-STABLE box with 24x WDC WD2002FAEX SATA3 (6 Gbps) drives
attached to 3 SuperMicro AOC-USAS2-8Li controllers, using the new
mps(4) driver without any issues.  Was actually amazed yesterday when
I say it doing writes just shy of 500 MBps to the ZFS pool, via zfs
send/recv from another box.

No issues with excessive interrupts.  Using 10.0 firmware on the controllers.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com