9-STABLE, ZFS, NFS, ggatec - suspected memory leak

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Sun Apr 1 10:08:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 09:02:03PM +0000, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-March/239643.html
>
> Same issue different thread.  Different software.
>
> Its not NFS, its ZFS.
>
> I don't really have a place to try it on 8.2, but my hunch from things
> I've done rather similarly which don't cause tell me its a new issue in
> 9.0, though I won't swear by that.

I'll see, if I can setup a machine running 8 to take some of the
partitions over - but chances aren't really great. Thanx for the hint to
you thread.

Also I'll start graphing (or at least logging) some of the higher values
from vmstat that seems suspicious and ever growing to me to see if I can
match one of them to the growth rate I see for mir wired mem apart from
ARC and L2ARC headers.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller          http://sysadm.in/         ob at sysadm.in |
|                        Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe. |