gmirror+gjournal often makes inconsistens file systems

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 9 10:02:51 UTC 2011

Hello, Eugene.
You wrote 9 сентября 2011 г., 13:40:51:

>>> # fsck -t ffs -y /dev/mirror/gm0.journals1e
>>   I may be wrong, but I've encountered strong advice not
>>  to gjournal whole disk, but make gjournal on per-FS basis, many times.
>>  And it seems, that your first create big journal, and splice/partition/newfs
>>  it for several FSes.
> Yes, I did. Shoud not this kind of partitioning work too?
  I'm not sure, should or should not it work. But it is common
answer/advice in mailing lists not to do so and to use one gjournal per
FS.
  I think, freebsd-fs@ could give more qualified answer.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>