[SOLVED] wlan0 rc.conf setup does not assign static ip on 8.2-STABLE

Sat Sep 3 01:53:32 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 06:05 PM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> The first thing I noticed was the multiple quotation marks and the
> incorrect mode.
This was a complete oversight now my part.

I am not sure when this 54g nonsense got in there, but evidently I have
been working off an old rc.conf file, and this mode parameter, while
still works to setup the device mode to 11g, will also cause the ip
addressing to fail.

I just looked at the running configuration, and it too lists 11g, and
will do exactly what I have been seeing after getting the kernel
correctly reinstalled.

Thanks for the reply.
--

Respectfully,