ntpd couldn't resolve host name on system boot

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Oct 26 13:17:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with ntpd on many of our servers running 8.2-RELEASE or
> newer. Some of them are newly installed, most of them are 7.x upgraded to 8.2
> or 8-STABLE amd64 with GENERIC.

hmm, could it be I didn't MFC all fixes I had done to help that, which
are partly (mostly, all these days) existent in newer upstream version
(esepcially the latest devels).

I'll go an look in my 70 oustanding MFCs.

Would be cool if you could test 9 temporary and see if things are
better there.

/bz

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.