SOLVED: 8.1 xl + dual-speed Netgear hub = yoyo

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Tue Oct 25 00:37:06 UTC 2011

Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Out of pure interest, I'd love to see whether xl on an earlier
> kernel (say 4.x, if the hardware can even run it) or even 6.x
> would work.

I'll put that on the list for the next time I need to reboot it.
I'm sure I have a 6.1 CD somewhere, and probably a 4.x CD also.
(The box is old enough -- a Dell Precision 420 -- that it quite
likely will run 4.x.)

I've also got another old Dell with an xl on the mainboard -- an
OptiPlex GX1 running 6.1 -- which will need to get moved to a 100Mb
port one of these days.  That will provide another data point.