Questions about using gvirstor as a RAID0 solution

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:53:02 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  I would like to use gvirstor as a thin provisioning solution for a
mysql server, but I have some doubts about using it:

a) Do I need to put "geom_virstor_load=YES"" on loader.conf or this
kernel module is loaded automatically at boot If I create gvirstor
volume using the label option??

b) Does gvirstor supports UFS journaling?? For example:

   gjournal label /dev/virstor/mydata
   newfs -O 2 -J /dev/virstor/mydata

c) Can i use growfs utility If I need to expand a virstor volume at
filesystem level??

Thanks

P.D: I am using FreeBSD9-RC1 in this server

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com