(Possible fix for sbp(4)) Re: Comment out sbp driver from GENERIC

Wojciech A. Koszek wkoszek at freebsd.czest.pl
Tue Oct 18 12:07:33 UTC 2011

Dnia 18-10-2011 o 01:28:36 Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> napisał(a):

> Hello!
>
> It has been reported several times that some motherboards have issues
> at boot with sbp driver loaded. To hide the problem, the driver was
> removed from GENERIC in 8-STABLE, but it was left in -CURRENT and it
> is now going into 9-STABLE. Please, apply the workaround to 9-STABLE
> also!
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=199112

Hi,

Commenting a driver out is almost always a bad idea and should
be done as a last step.

If you are impacted by sbp(4) hangs please follow this thread:

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-December/081411.html

And please let me know if a fix explained in this thread works for you.

--
Wojciech A. Koszek
wkoszek at freebsd.czest.pl
http://FreeBSD.czest.pl/~wkoszek/