serious packet routing issue causing ntpd high load?

Li, Qing qing.li at bluecoat.com
Tue Oct 11 21:28:14 UTC 2011

Okay, I just reproduced the problem. The strange thing is the routing
message appears to be endless, but if I exit "route monitor" and
restart it, the message disappears. That indicates to me it is not the
kernel that is generating the routing message continuously, but maybe
it is a socket buffer issue ? Otherwise when "route monitor" is resumed
the messages should also resume, which is not the case here.

Of course why the DNS message being generated in FIB <1> triggers a
RTM_MISS in FIB <2> is an issue and I am looking into it as well.

--Qing