nscd and passwd_compat

Roberto Espi raespi at uci.cu
Tue Oct 11 21:02:33 UTC 2011

Tried the _compat options too but no results.  The issue still remains,
nsswitch doesn't seem to be able to look in the nscd database.  Is there
any way to get a proper debug for the nsswitch lookup mechanism ?? Who
can I contact regarding nsswitch directly?? Developers ??

Thanks ...

On 05/10/11 13:28, Ted Faber wrote:
> After the recent discussion of nscd here, I turned it on and after
> fooling with various configuration files I think I have it up, but I'm
> getting a warning(?) message from many programs when they call
> _nsdispatch:
>
> dbus[3037]: NSSWITCH(_nsdispatch): cache, passwd_compat, getpwnam_r, not
> found, and no fallback provided
> dbus[3037]: NSSWITCH(_nsdispatch): cache, passwd_compat, getpwnam_r, not
> found, and no fallback provided
>
> I am using passwd_compat, and I think I have nscd compiled to cahce it
> and passwd, but the message gives me pause.  Everything is still
> resolving, but I'm wondering if I'm getting any benefit.
>
> I tried running nscd with debugging messages (-t -s -d) and didn't see
> anything change when another program generated the message.
>
> I've attached my /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/nscd.conf
>
> Any feedback would be great.

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com