"High" cpu usage when using ZFS cache device

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 09:46:15 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mickaël Maillot" <mickael.maillot at gmail.com>

> same problem here after ~ 30 days with a production server and 2 SSD Intel
> X25M as L2.
> so we update and reboot the 8-STABLE server every month.

Old thread but also seeing this on 8.2-RELEASE so looks like this
may still be an issue.

In our case this machine was running mysql with 2 x 60GB cache
SSD's. I checked for usage when the machine was idle just before
reboot to fix and the l2arc thread was still using 100% of a core
even with no disk access happening.

Was a PR ever raised for this?

    Regards
    Steve