serious packet routing issue causing ntpd high load?

Vlad Galu dudu at dudu.ro
Sat Oct 8 10:26:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Li, Qing <qing.li at bluecoat.com> wrote:
[...]

I'm seeing this as well. It's very easy to reproduce:

1. Start listening for routing messages on a non-default FIB, e.g.
setfib 2 route monitor
2. Add any static route within that FIB.
3. The machine I run the test on is a heavy DNS client, it generates a
few dozen requests per second. The monitor process starts getting
RTM_MISS messages for each outgoing DNS request (the dst sockaddr is
the same as my first resolv.conf entry, seq is always 0).

--
Good, fast & cheap. Pick any two.