www/Apache22 fails to build when configured for LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:43:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Shaun Meyer <meyersh at morningside.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already built apache22 successfully on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
> amd64. I realized that I wanted authnz_ldap which wasn't turned on by
> default so I went into www/apache22 and did the following:
>
> # make clean
> # make config
> # make showconfig | grep LDAP
>     LDAP=on "Enable mod_ldap"
>     AUTHNZ_LDAP=on "Enable mod_authnz_ldap"
> # make
>
> LDAP and AUTHNZ_LDAP are the only adjusted knobs from the defaults.
>
> The operative build error is "mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error
> mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built  in. To
> fix add --with-ldap to ./configure."
>
> I have also tried removing and cleaning for the apr package. I see no
> other apache-related files installed and all this has been done
> against the latest, greatest ports collection using `portsnap`.
>
> This symptoms are identical to
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124651 except, obviously,
> they have fixed that cause.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated,
>
> Shaun Meyer

Apache from ports no longer builds against the included APR, instead
it builds against the system APR, so you must rebuild devel/apr1 with
LDAP support. This makes it easier to fix problems with other
libraries being built with a different version of APR, and then linked
into apache (eg, mod_authz_svn).

This is the problem that PR is describing, and the fix in that PR no
longer seems to be in the Makefile.

Cheers

Tom