smartctl / mpt on 9.0-RC1

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu Nov 3 21:32:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 03:35:48PM -0500, James wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Alex Samorukov <ml at os2.kiev.ua> wrote:
> > Could you please try to build latest svn version (see [1]) ? I think
> > i fixed this bug.
>
>     Thanks, Alex. Looks like you fixed it. smartctl no longer
>     segfaults.

I'm glad this patch fixes things for people, but does anyone have
insights to why the calling stack gets horribly corrupted on a segfault,
even with WITH_DEBUG (no optimisations and uses -g)?  It makes
troubleshooting this kind of problem extremely difficult.

| UNIX Systems Administrator                   Mountain View, CA, US |