mountlate not late enough for nfe0 with dhcp

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 26 22:34:38 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 14:35, William Palfreman wrote:
> I do think that it would be better if failure to mount an NFS share due
> to DHCP not being finished did not cause the boot to halt.  Non-root
> filesystem NFS mounts are rarely so critical that is it necessary to drop
> into single user mode instead - especially as these days many machines do
> not have a console continuously attached. It would be better just to retry
> mounting NFS in the background.

If having DHCP up before proceeding is mission critical, set the
synchronous_dhclient option in rc.conf. If you are satisfied with having
the nfs mounts continue in the background, use that option in fstab.

In the absence of those 2 clear indications from the admin as to what
should happen, the current behavior is the right choice.

			-- OK Go