RELENG_8 does not build with CPUTYPE=core2

Oliver Pinter oliver.pntr at gmail.com
Sun May 15 02:41:19 UTC 2011

in two step you can elliminate the warning message:
1) compile and install world and kernel with commented CPUTYPE in make.conf
2) uncomment the CPUTYPE line, and recompile world and kernel

the problem is, the build system based on newer (4.2.2) gcc, and when
you set CPUTYPE=core2 than substitute -march=core2 in gcc parameter
list, but older base system cc (4.2.1) do not knows this option or
value.

On 5/14/11, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen.de> wrote:
> On 14/05/2011 02:38, Scott Allendorf wrote:
>> Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>>> env CCACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin/distcc /usr/local/bin/ccache cc -O2
>>> -pipe -march=core2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>>> -I/usr/src/kerberos5/tools/make-roken/../../include -std=gnu99   -c
>>> make-roken.c
>>> /usr/src/kerberos5/tools/make-print-version/../../../crypto/heimdal/lib/vers/make-print-version.c:1:
>>> error: bad value (core2) for -march= switch
>>> /usr/src/kerberos5/tools/make-print-version/../../../crypto/heimdal/lib/vers/make-print-version.c:1:
>>> error: bad value (core2) for -mtune= switch
>>> make-roken.c:1: error: bad value (core2) for -march= switch
>>> make-roken.c:1: error: bad value (core2) for -mtune= switch