snd_hda : sometimes sound sometimes not

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:13:24 UTC 2011

Hello,

I don't know if there is a lot of changes in the snd_hda driver in the
-STABLE branch but since I upgraded to it sometimes I have sound and
sometimes not.

The mixer are exactly the same when these event occurs. This happened
this morning. After booting I do not have any sound. I rebooted and
suddenly I've got sound again...

I only tweak snd_hda(4) for a pin sense on the front panel (it has no
sound neither)

So I added in /boot/devices.hints :
hint.hdac.1.cad0.nid27.config="as=1 seq=15"

And there's the both dmesg ok.txt when sound is here and not.txt when
there isn't as you can see there is no difference related to the hda driver.

http://markand.malikania.fr/ok.txt
http://markand.malikania.fr/nok.txt

I'm guessing something. My laptop has a mute shortcut, if I press it at
the BIOS stage I will not have sound neither thus is it possible that my
chipset is muted from anything?

Cheers,

--
David Demelier