mps driver instability under stable/8

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue May 10 21:38:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011, Daniel Kalchev wrote:

DK> > Well, using
DK> > http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16414.aspx
DK> > I downgraded to version 8-fixed, and at least topology errors disappear.
DK> >
DK> Would this work with the Supermicro integrated LSI2008, like in X8DTH-6F?
DK> Mine came with firmware version 7, is there instability to be expected?

I suppose you can upgrade to "fixed" firmware from the URL above; at least, I'd
been in mostly the same situation: SM server with onboard LSI and LSI expander,
and so far flashing 8-fixed firmware is good for me, at least machine did not
hang in find-related tasks as it were before...

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]