Panic during kernel booting on HP Proliant DL180G6 and latest STABLE

Bartosz Stec bartosz.stec at it4pro.pl
Sun May 8 18:34:57 UTC 2011

W dniu 2011-05-08 16:02, Bartosz Stec pisze:
> Hi list!
>
> I moved my 8-STABLE system from cheap AMD64 machine to Proliant
> DL180G6 (full ZFS send -> receive) yesterday.
> Operation was succesfull, system booted and everything worked fine.
> Still, I wanted to perform full world + kernel rebuild with updated
> sources and CPUTYPE (core2 instead of athlon64) and removed unused NIC
> drivers from kernel.
>
> New kernel panicked during boot. I rebuilt kernel again, without any
> CPUTYPE in make.conf, but panic was still there. Old kernel (built at
> 8.04.2011) is booting fine.
> First panic line says:
>
>    panic: m_getzone: m_getjcl: invalid cluster type.
>

> I made a por quality photo of screen with stack backtrace and it's
> available here: http://www.picamatic.com/view/7544359_IMAG0029/
>
> Now the funny thing:
>
> Igb driver is compiled into the kernel. If I add igb driver to
> loader.conf kernel complains of course:
>
>    module_register: module pci/igb already exists!
>    Module pci/igb failed to register: 17
>

> but there's no panic!
>
> When I remove 'if_igb_load="YES"' from loader.conf, I experience panic
> visible above.
>
> Kernel config: http://pastebin.com/G7K0vfuJ

Picamatic seems offline now, so here's another link to backtrace photo:
http://i51.tinypic.com/nyuux3.jpg

Maybe make.conf will be useful too:

    CPUTYPE?=core2
    KERNCONF=PROLIANT
    #MAKEOPTS=-j3
    #WITH_DEBUG=yes
    #DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

    # default build settings for ports collection
    .if ${.CURDIR:M*/ports/*} && !defined(NOCCACHE)
    CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
    #CXXFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -funroll-loops
    BUILD_OPTIMIZED=YES
    WITH_OPENSSL=YES
    WITH_XCHARSET=all
    WITH_CHARSET=utf8
    WITH_COLLATION=utf8_general_ci
    .endif

    # default build settings for base system
    .if ${.CURDIR:M*/usr/src/*} || ${.CURDIR:M*/usr/obj/*} &&
    !defined(NOCCACHE)

    CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
    COPTFLAGS=-O2 -pipe

    CC:=${CC:C,^cc,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc,1}
    CXX:=${CXX:C,^c\+\+,/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/c++,1}

    .endif

    # added by use.perl 2011-05-08 17:13:51
    PERL_VERSION=5.10.1

--