arcmsr panic runnig 8.2 of 2011

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Sun Jun 26 11:37:13 UTC 2011

On 26-6-2011 13:16, Steven Hartland wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw at digiware.nl>
>> So I tried opgrading my firmware to 1.49, but to no avail.
>> The system keeps panicing.
>>
>> So I guess that there is still a coding error somewhere in the driver.
>> But I'm not into this enough to even know where to start looking for
>> tracing this.....
>>
>> But perhaps somebody has a suggestion?
>

> FYI we run these and other controllers across a large number of machines
> including those running 8.2 and zfs and haven't suffered any panics as
> yet.

Well the main key to the problem is that on 2011/06/06 the new version
from Areca got imported. So if you have all your boxes with kernels
predating 06-06, you're not running the new code.

It the above is true and if you have a spare/development box, it would
be interesting to see if a very recent 8.2-STABLE would work.

But thanx for giving me a reference point.

--WjW