HAST instability

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Tue Jun 14 13:39:23 UTC 2011

On 10.06.11 20:07, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:05:43 +0300 Mikolaj Golub wrote to Daniel Kalchev:
>
>   MG>  Could you please try this patch?
>
>   MG>  http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/hastd.no_shutdown.patch
>
> Sure you still have to have your kernel patched with uipc_socket.c.patch :-)

It is now running for about a day with both patches applied, without
disconnects.

Also, now TCP/IP connections always stay in ESTABLISHED state. As I
believe they should. Primary to secondary drain quickly on switching
form init to primary etc. No troubles without checksums as well. Kernel
is as of

FreeBSD b1a 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #1: Mon Jun 13 11:32:38 EEST
2011     root at b1a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Daniel