Panic during kernel booting on HP Proliant DL180G6 and latest STABLE

Bartosz Stec bartosz.stec at it4pro.pl
Fri Jun 10 08:56:15 UTC 2011

W dniu 2011-05-13 13:30, Andriy Gapon pisze:
> on 12/05/2011 22:43 Bartosz Stec said the following:
>> Allright, if anyone want to follow: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156974
>>
> I suspect that your best course here is to add some diagnostic printfs in
> igb_refresh_mbufs and in m_getzone to see what value is actually passed to
> m_getjcl and why.

You're probably right, although I would need some guidance how to do it.
Sorry :(

Yesterday I rebuilt this machine with fresh sources to upgrade
filesystem to ZFSv28 which was MFC'ed lately. After that server started
to panic regardless of igb loaded as module or integrated into kernel.

Finally I found that problem was caused by MSIX somehow.
No more panic after

    hw.pci.enable_msix=0

was included in loader.conf.

There's also no panic with GENERIC kernel.

Should I really care abou MSIX?

--
Bartosz Stec