8.2-PRERELEASE: live deadlock, almost all processes in "pfault" state

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 8 19:42:27 UTC 2011

Hello, Kostik.
You wrote 8 января 2011 г., 22:02:32:

> If I am guessing right, this creature has a classic deadlock when
> bio processing requires memory allocation. It seems that tid 100079
> is sleeping not even due to the free page shortage, but due to address
> space exhaustion. As result, read/write requests are stalled.
  I want to say, that ZFS, for example, could allocate much more
memory, and, yes, it had problems on i386 with this, but not on amd64,
AFAIK...

  So, I'm (geom_radi5) doing something wrong...

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>