ZFS - moving from a zraid1 to zraid2 pool with 1.5tb disks

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Wed Jan 5 09:02:04 UTC 2011

Hi again List,

I'm not so sure about using raidz2 anymore, I'm concerned for the performance.

Basically I have 9x 1.5T sata drives.

raidz2 and 2x raidz1 will provide the same capacity.

Are there any cons against using 2x raidz1 instead of 1x raidz2 ?

I plan on using a SSD drive for the OS, 40-64gb, with 15 for the system itself and some spare.

Is it worth using the free space for cache ? ZIL ? both ?

@jean-yves : didn't you experience problems recently when using both ?

---
Fleuriot Damien