NFSv4 - how to set up at FreeBSD 8.1 ?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 4 00:18:48 UTC 2011

> Monday 03 of January 2011 23:48:16 Marek Salwerowicz napisał(a):
> > /etc/exports:
> > V4: /
>
> > What am I doing wrong? My aim is to mount home directories from
> > server
> > to client but currently I am unable to mount any share.
> Maybe it's only incorrect exports file??
> In my case (NFSv3) it looks:
> /data -maproot=root 192.168.0.10
> --
If the above 2 lines are in your /etc/exports file and "/" is a ufs
file system, then the above should work. For a zfs "/" you must either:
- export / as well as /data
or
- use "v4: /data" so that the nfsv4 root is at /data

Also, make sure you are running the experimental server:
- either start both mountd and nfsd with the "-e" option or specify
nfsv4_server_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"

in your /etc/rc.conf.

Also, you need to create an empty /var/db/nfs-stablerestart file before
the experimental NFS server will start up the first time. (A fix for that
is in the works, but isn't even in head yet.)

Try looking at "man nfsv4" and checking that the daemons are running and
that nothing got logged in /var/log/messages when they started up.

Good luck with it, rick