ZFS - moving from a zraid1 to zraid2 pool with 1.5tb disks

Damien Fleuriot ml at my.gd
Sun Jan 2 14:31:53 UTC 2011

On 1/1/11 6:28 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 2 January 2011 02:11, Damien Fleuriot <ml at my.gd> wrote:
>
>> I remember getting rather average performance on v14 but Jean-Yves
>> reported good performance boosts from upgrading to v15.
>
> that was v28 :)
>
> saw no major difference between v14 and v15.
>
> JY

Oopsie :)

Seeing I for one will have no backups, I think I won't be using v28 on
this box, and stick with v15 instead.

Are there any views regarding the "best" implementation for a system ?

I currently have a ZFS only system but I'm planning on moving it to UFS,
with ZFS used only for mass storage.

I understand ZFS root is much trickier, and my main fear is that if I
somehow break ZFS (by upgrading to v28 for example) I won't be able to
boot anymore, thus no repair process...