Freebsd-update and release candidates

Renato Botelho rbgarga at
Tue Feb 22 14:56:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Svein Skogen <svein at> wrote:
> I'm in the process of setting up a small network of FreeBSD
> installations. My plan (this time) is to keep them on branches available
> to freebsd-update, instead of depending on source being checked out from
> CVS.
> However, I'm a wee bit curious of whether I will be able to upgrade from
> 8.2RC3 or if I should wait until 8.2 is actually released with the setup
> (I _CAN_ wait a week or two).

If you are running 8.2-RC3, you can safely run freebsd-update to go
to 8.2-RELEASE.

# freebsd-update -r 8.2-RELEASE upgrade

Renato Botelho

More information about the freebsd-stable mailing list