NFS client over udp

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 21 08:50:57 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:56:45 -0800 (PST) Kirill Yelizarov
<ykirill at yahoo.com> wrote about Re: NFS client over udp:

KY> > > Is ZFS in use on the system which sees rising wired
KY> > > memory?

KY> > No, ufs only.
KY> I found an old post stating there is a leak with nfs udp client over
KY> zfs:
KY> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-February/007876.html

Later on in that thread we found out that the leak has nothing to do with
zfs and is triggered just by using nfs over udp. I cannot remember if
there was a fix for that (Rick probably knows); at some point I just
turned off udp on the server side completely and switched all clients to
tcp to get my systems stable again.

cu
  Gerrit