mountd has resolving problems

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 12:29:10 UTC 2011

This has become a issue for us in 8.x as well.

I'm pretty sure in pre 8.x these nfs mounts would simply background but
recently machines are now failing to boot. It seems that failure to
lookup nfs mount point hosts now causes this fatal error :(

We've just tried Jeremy's netwait script and it works perfectly so either
this or something similar needs to get pushed into base.

For reference the reason we need a delay here is our core Cisco router
takes a while to bring the port up properly on boot.

Thanks for sharing the script Jeremy :)

    Regards
    Steve