bind 9.6.2 dnssec validation bug

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon Feb 7 04:58:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 05:05:08PM -0800, Russell Jackson wrote:
> I haven't seen any mention of this anywhere. Are there any plans to
> update BIND in the 8.1/8.2 branches?
>
> https://www.isc.org/announcement/bind-9-dnssec-validation-fails-new-ds-record

This was discussed vehemently in December 2010:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2010-December/thread.html#60640

RELENG_8 (8.2-PRERELEASE as of the time of this writing) now has the
official 9.6.3 as of a commit done by Doug Barton only a few hours ago:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/contrib/bind9/
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/contrib/bind9/README

As for whether or not this will be backported to the RELENG_8_1 tag, I
would say "probably", but Doug would be authoritative on that.