link aggregation - bundling 2 lagg interfaces together

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 12:19:26 UTC 2011

If you want failover using lagg then your best bet is to get lagg between
two ports on different switches. If you have a pair of switches which
will present as a single device then you can use LACP to do this, else
use simple failover. I do this for all our servers and it works very
nicely.

In your setup I am not sure why you are originally lagging the pairs of
interfaces to the same switch. Is that to try and increase capacity ?
If so then I have never found it to work - all the traffic goes over
one interface for me.

-pete.