minor regression after patching

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:51:03 UTC 2011

27.12.2011 03:58, Dimitry Andric wrote:

>>> This means that linker has not found a mentioned symbol, i.e. likely
>>> you haven't updated your libc before trying to build ftpd.
>>> In this case you need to act the next order:
>>> 1) rebuild&& reinstall libc
>>> 2) rebuild&& reinstall ftpd
>>
>> Oh yes, I just remembered those sweet days I was sitting on HEAD. Each
>> build was a trial/error process.
>>
>> And I'm not seeing this when compiling world with stock gcc or on i386.
>> It looks like rather nasty clang regression.
>
> For me, stable/9 builds just fine with clang (or gcc), and the tinderbox
> isn't complaining either. Are you sure you are running buildworld,
> which is definitely necessary for this kind of upgrade?

===> libexec/ftpd (all)
clang -O2 -pipe  -DSETPROCTITLE -DLOGIN_CAP -DVIRTUAL_HOSTING
-I/usr/src/libexec/ftpd -Dmain=ls_main
-I/usr/src/libexec/ftpd/../../bin/ls -DINET6 -DUSE_PAM -std=gnu99
-fstack-protector -Wsystem-headers -Wall -Wno-format-y2k
-Wno-uninitialized -Wno-pointer-sign -c /usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c
/usr/src/libexec/ftpd/ftpd.c:1565:3: warning: implicit declaration of
function '__FreeBSD_libc_enter_restricted_mode' is invalid in C99
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
                 __FreeBSD_libc_enter_restricted_mode();
                 ^
1 warning generated.

I totally missed this warning when reporting the problem first time.

Version.map for libc contains this function:

FBSD_1.3 {
global:
         __FreeBSD_libc_enter_restricted_mode;
} FBSD_1.2;

So the question is mainly about why
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/unistd.h was ignored in favor of
installed one?

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.