SCHED_ULE should not be the default

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 23 00:35:53 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 16:23, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> You've done something
> that noone else has actually done - provided actual results from
> real-life testing, rather than a hundred posts of "I remember seeing
> X, so I don't use ULE."

Not to take away from Steve's excellent work on this, but I actually
spent weeks following detailed instructions from various people using
ktr, dtrace, etc. and was never able to produce any data that helped
point anyone to something that could be fixed. I'm pretty sure that
others have tried as well.

That said, I'm glad that Steve was able to produce useful results, and
hopefully it will lead to improvements.

Doug

--

		[^L]