7-STABLE: mergemaster tzsetup question

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 16 23:57:47 UTC 2011

On 12/03/2011 07:24, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Every time I run mergemaster(8) on 7.4-STABLE, I'm now presented
> with
>
> *** There is no /var/db/zoneinfo file to update /etc/localtime.
>     You should run tzsetup
>
> Running tzsetup(8) does however not create /var/db/zoneinfo, so
> mergemaster will prompt the next time, too.  I guess I can just
> ignore it, but it seems weird that mergemaster would keep nagging
> about this.
>
> Where is /var/db/zoneinfo supposed to come from?
>
> I also notice that mergemaster can issue tzsetup arguments -C and
> -r, but tzsetup doesn't support those.

Once again, my apologies for assuming that my esteemed colleagues had
done the responsible thing and MFC'ed their own work.

I have resolved this issue by going back and doing 3 1/2 years of MFCs
for tzsetup(8), which now makes it identical to the code in stable/8. If
you update your src tree and then update tzsetup you should no longer
experience this problem.

Doug

--

		[^L]