mfi(4) issues in 9.0-RC3

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 12 20:31:53 UTC 2011

On Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:22:38 pm Jan Mikkelsen wrote:
> On 10/12/2011, at 3:03 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> > On Friday, December 09, 2011 8:38:51 am Jan Mikkelsen wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Can rev 227562 be merged into 9.0?
> >> [...]
> >
> > It is probably too late to make 9.0 at this point as they've already cut
the
> > final release candidate.
>
> OK; I'll maintain the patch myself until it gets merged.
>
> The MegaRAID 9261-8i requires hw.mfi.msi=1 to be set by hand for a boot to
successfully complete. It it worth adding a check for that device?

I think what I might ask is for folks to try enabling that to see if we can
just enable MSI for all mfi(4) devices by default.  MSI-X did not work on
several devices it seems, but I think MSI has worked on all the folks where
I've asked them to try it.

--
John Baldwin